A spelt cake made with creamy, heart-hearty avocado, distinctive, nutrient-rich pistachios, sweetened with stevia, and an optional lemon icing. This cake is super rich, moist, and plain delicious.
Avocado Spelt Cake with Pistachiosadapted from lecker
|Cake Batter||Lemon Icing|
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and place it in a blender together with lemon juice and milk. Process until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 170C/340F. Line a loaf pan with baking paper. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add in ground and chopped pistachios and whisk until well combined.
- Cream together the softened butter, stevia and pinch of salt until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture alternately with the avocado mixture, starting and ending with the flour. Mix just until incorporated.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for about 70 minutes and cover the cake after 45 minutes in the oven. Cool the cake in the pan for 30 minutes on a wire rack, then turn out the cake to cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour the icing over the cake and sprinkle with the chopped pistachios.